We love Winnie the Pooh at our house. That inspired me to design a free bookmark with a literary quote from Winnie the Pooh. This happens to be one of our favorite quotes from Pooh and you can have it on a book mark. Click on the link below to print your freebie.
It Can Get Overwhelming
Finding quality books for our boys to read can be a dauntless task. You may search curriculum catalogs, ask the local librarian and talk with your friends. Sometimes it can get overwhelming, right. That’s why I created this simple list of 15 quality books that every boy should find time to read.
How The Books Were Selected
To help with this issue my friends, homeschool moms, decided to form a group that had been inspired by a methodology called a Thomas Jefferson Education. We would study the books that our children would read in the future to be prepared for future discussion. This is a literature approach to education that I will share in a later post. The following book list is the result of a couple of years reading and discussing books’ that I believe every boy should read. (Note: There are few title additions that the book group did not read.)
I have linked the list of books to popular websites that have the best price for the book. I am not an affiliate.
15 Books Every Boy Should Read
- The Chronicles of Narnia (series) by C.S. Lewis Science Fiction/Fantasy Reading Age 8+
- The Twenty-One Balloons by William Pene du Bois Action and Adventure Reading Age 8+
- Peter and Wendy, or Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie Fantasy Reading Age 8+
- A Wrinkle in Time (series) by Madeleine L’Engle Science Fiction Reading Age 9+
- Little Britches: Father and I Were Ranchers by Ralph Moody Historical Reading Age 10+
- Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes Classic/SatireReading Age 10+
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson Action Adventure Reading Age 10+
- The Indian in the Cupboard (series) by Lynn Reid Banks Science Fiction/Fantasy Reading Age 10+
- The Giver (series) by Lois Lowery Science Fiction/Fantasy Reading Age 11+
- The Hobbit: or There and Back Again (series) Classic/Fantasy Reading Age 11+
- The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis Satire/Religious Reading Age 13+
- The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain Classic Reading Age 13+
- Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe Classic Action/Adventure Reading Age 14+
- Fahrenheit 451 Science Fiction Reading Age 14+
- The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells Classic Science Fiction Reading Age 14+